Monday, July 26, 2010

Chicken Tikka Masala

Another version of kids' Orange Chicken.

Boneless Chicken Breast cut into chunks
Shan Chicken Tikka Masala 3-4 tbsp (Available @ Indian store)
Shan Tandoori Masala 3-4 tbsp (Available @ Indian store)
Lemon Juice few drops
Yogurt 1/2 cup
Mayonnaise 1/2 cup
Oil  1/2 tsp
Paprika (Optional)



Cut and wash the chicken breasts. Add Tikka and Tandoori masala with a dash of lemon juice and a few drops of oil a a saucepan and cook till chicken changes color and is dried up.

In a bowl take yogurt and mayonnaise and add a little of both the shan masalas and again a few drops of lemon juice. Mix well.




Pour the mixture into the saucepan.




Now cook uncovered till all the water evaporates. Add paprika if needed to get desired color and a hint of taste.


And oil shows on top.




Also see a similar recipe called Tandoori Chicken Masala  HERE



9 comments:

Shining 2 Save said...

That looks good! I am your newest follower from Mom Bloggers Club!

Kari @ http://shining2save.blogspot.com

I am also hosting a twitter hop today on my blog and love for you to join in

Supermom2JakeAndEmmy said...

Thanks for the follow! That looks good! I've been wanting to do some Indian food, but have been scared of it. I think this recipe might make me jump in!!

JV said...

~ Shining 2 Save ~ Welcome to my blog! Thanks for visiting..

JV said...

~ Supermom2JakeAndEmmy ~ Thanks for visiting.. The Indian food does look intimidating sometimes but trust me, its not all that hard.. Give it a shot sometime.

TinyReader said...

I have been craving this and there aren't any good places it to order it near me. I even went out and bought a jar of Tikki Masala sauce from the grocery store but this recipe looks WAY better!

JV said...

~Tiny Reader~ Thanks for visiting my blog! I have tried many versions of it and finally settled on this recipe as a keeper. Its very simple and taste really good. My kids would eat it everyday :) I usually serve it with Pita bread or Tandoori Naan. Let me know how it turns out!

deanna said...

THAT sounds SO yummy. Following back at ya!
xoxoxo

JV said...

Thanks Deanna for following back!

fj said...

this recipe sewwusly yumm.. this hardly requires time and evry1 enjoyd @home. the best part, leftovr chkn frm dinner i used to make sandwiches the next day for school!!!
loadx love!

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..