Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Tacos

Ground Beef
1 lb Lean Ground Beef
2 tbsp golden fried onions
1 tsp yogurt
Salt
1 tsp Ginger and Garlic paste
1 tsp Ground Cumin powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp Red chili powder
2 tbsp Petite diced tomatoes
1 tsp oil

Toppings
Shredded Lettuce
Sour Cream
Pace Picante/Salsa
Shredded Mexican Cheese
Jalapeños slices
Taco Shells

In a skillet, pour a tsp of oil and transfer the beef into it. Add ginger and garlic paste, fried onions, yogurt, diced tomatoes and the spices. Cook while stirring frequently until all the moisture is evaporated and it becomes dry as pictures below. Takes about 15-20 minutes.

Tast the taco shells  according to the instructions on the box. I prefer Taco Bell shells



For the Salsa, I prefer Pace Salsa or Pace Picante.



And Jalapeños are a must! :)



Shredded Iceberg lettuce. There is also precut lettuce available at grocery stores with the bagged salads. That makes it so convenient.



To assemble the Tacos, In the Taco shell, put the ground beef and top it with a layers of lettuce, sour cream, jalapeños, salsa or picante and cheese. Enjoy!! 

P.s. Same could be served in Taco Salad shells instead of the taco shells. The kids like putting their toppings into Tostitos scoops! Makes it bite-sized.


















14 comments:

SuperMom Blues said...

I LOVE taco night!!

JV said...

So do we. Its quick and simple to fix and the whole family enjoys it.

Lydia's Pennies said...

Following you back.

JV said...

Thanks Lydia.

Lori@ Paisley Passions said...

Those tacos look yummy! Thanks for following. I am now following back :)
Paisley Passions
Laughter & Memories

JV said...

Hey Lori..Thanks for visiting!

Joy Tamsin David said...

Hello JV,

I'm following you back from Mom Blog network. Thanks for visiting my site. I look forward to more recipes. :)

JV said...

~Joy Tamsin David~ Hi! Thanks for visiting and following .

Nicki Woo said...

One of my absolute favorite things to eat. Tacos, for breakfast, lunch and dinner Yum!

Thanks for the follow, following you back.

http://www.nickiwoo.com

Summers In Love said...

Hi, I'm your newest follower!

Those tacos look savory and mouthwatering! Gotta try!

Cheers,

My Sassy Chef Recipes and Reviews

JV said...

Thanks Nicki Woo.. I guess one can never have enough tacos!!

JV said...

Hey Summer in Love, thanks for stopping by. I am your newest follower!!!

Jill said...

I've definitely found a few recipes I'd like to try! Fun!

JV said...

Thanks Jill for stopping by!

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..