Sunday, August 22, 2010

Filo Pastry Rolls

I have been experimenting with Fillo pastry by the recommendation of my dear friend, Shenu. This time I used the Fillo pastry sheets with the yummy white sauce/chicken n corn filling (courtesy of Nussie) that I made too much for the pastries :D
I think a filling made out of ground beef would be nice and presentable..like adding spices to ground beef and making a dough in the food processor..or maybe just hotdogs or.. so many ideas popping up now.. it can have so many variations!!

Fillo Pastry sheets 4-6 
Chicken and Corn Filling or Filling of your choice
Melter butter or Margarine 1/4 cup
Beaten Egg 1

Lay the sheets on a flat surface and butter them generously with a pastry brush. Then brush them with Egg.
Now placing the pastry sheets facing you vertically, put the filling in a thin layer from side to side.
Start rolling it tightly.


Now brush with butter and then egg.
Carefully slice them with a super sharp knife.
Shape them back up if they lost shape while the cutting process. Transfer them onto a greased cookie sheet and preheat the oven to 350.

I covered it with Cling wrap until they were ready to be baked but I prefer baking them right away. Bake until crispy and a lovely golden color.


The finished picture is on my phone. I will upload it later InshaAllah.


9 comments:

U said...

These wereso yummy Masha'allah!
Jazakallah for sharing it!!!

JV said...

I am glad you liked them.. aren't they so easy to make?? Thanks to Shehnu Khala for the recipe..

JV said...

JazakAllah Shenu..it turned out quite well even after the bo-booo's.

Ru said...

These were sooooooo TASTY! Jazakallah Chachi!

JV said...

@ Ru: Ameen Wa Iyyaki. I am glad you enjoyed them.. Now you know how to make them..when are you making some for me??

FrugalMom said...

So easy! Thanks for sharing these!


Thank you for joining me at Follow Us Monday Morning, I am now following your blog.

I would love it, if you would come and join me at The Wednesday Window . The Wednesday Window is the place to link up your favorite blog post of the week, check out Frugality Is Free for more details

Melanie said...

Looks yum!
Following from MBC :)It's nice to see another food blogger!
~Melanie
http://mburbage.blogspot.com/

JV said...

@ Frugal Mom: Thanks for stopping by.. I'll stop by your blog soon..

JV said...

@ Melane: Thanks for visiting..checking your blog now..

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..