Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Potato Turnover Pastry

Also known as Half Moons


2 medium potatoes peeled, diced and boiled.
Salt pinch
Red chilli powder 1/4 tsp
Zeera powder 1/2 sp
Chat masala 1/4 tsp
Lemon juice 1/4 tsp
Mustard seeds 1/2 tsp
oil 1 tsp
frozen peas 1/4 cup
Goya Discos frozen (Turnover pastry sheets)

Peel the potatoes and dice them into very small cubes. Boil them in the microwavable dish for 5 minutes.
Heat oil and add the mustard seeds. let them crack and pour them over the potatoes.
Add all the spices.

Finally add the peas.
Thaw the frozen goya discs.
Taking one pastry at a time, wipe it with water.
put a tablespoon of filling in the middle.
Fold it into half.
Seal it with a fork.

This is freezer-friendly. Place them in a tray and leave them in the freezer for an hour or two until hard. Transfer them into a ziplock bag until ready to use. To serve, heat oil and dep fry them on medium heat unti golden and crispy.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Ohio! I'm bored to death at work so I decided to check out your website
on my iphone during lunch break. I love the knowledge you provide here and can't wait to
take a look when I get home. I'm surprised at how fast your blog loaded on my mobile ..

I'm not even using WIFI, just 3G .. Anyhow, wonderful blog!



Feel free to visit my webpage ... Christian Louboutin Outlet

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..