Friday, August 20, 2010

Qeema Cutlets

1 lb Ground Beef
1 tbs Ginger and garlic paste
1 tbsp green chilli paste
1/2 tsp Cumin powder
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp ground black pepper
2-3 tbsp chopped cilantro
2 slices of white bread

Oil for frying
Egg for coating
Flour for dusting

Wash and drain the ground beef.
Soak two slices of bread in water in a bowl.
In a bowl, add the drained ground beef, the squeezed out bread and the rest of the ingredients.
Put it in the food processor and form a soft dough.

Now take handfuls and form a ball.
Roll it in flour.
Pat it on a chopping board with a wooden spoon.
Until it looks like this.
Transfer them onto a cling-lined sheet and referigerate or freeze until ready to use.
Whisk an egg and dip one cutlet at a time.
Turn it over and cover the other side.
Transfer it into a frying pan with medium hot oil.
Fry until golden brown.
Drain on paper towel and Enjoy.





3 comments:

Umm Aaminah said...

Salaam sis and Ramadhan mubarak! I have a recipe request: how do you make those yummy veggies that seem to show up at every iftar in the masjid? They are the standard mixed-veggied blend (gr beans, peas, carrots, lima beans) and it has a thin red sauce, mildly spicy, with an oily sheen to it. I would looove to be able to make that.

Plus that yummy (again mildly spiced) creamed spinach? I love those but haven't found recipes that I think are what I've had.

Jazaki allahu khair...

JV said...

Walikumassalam Warahmatullah Umm Aaminah! (By the way, your daughter is super-cute, MashaAllah. May Allah SWT make her a source of coolness for your eyes, InshaAllah).
The particular veggies you are talking about, I am not 100% sure. I am a beginner cook myself and would love to experiment new things. If I can replicate that anytime soon, I'll post it InshaAllah. The version of spinach that I make which is a super hit with my kids is right here: http://mummyscookbook.blogspot.com/search/label/Baked%20Spinach. And Samoosas are right here( I read you wanted to try making them)http://mummyscookbook.blogspot.com/search/label/Samoosa
Enjoy!! If you have any questions, feel free to ask!
Ma'assalama
JV

Umm Aaminah said...

JAK sis! Insha'allah I'll be trying some things soon. :-)

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..