Thanks FV for the yummy recipe and the pictures!! You are awesome!!
1 cup chicken minced
1 cup grated cheese
1 cup firm mashed potato
1 tablespoon freshly chopped cilantro
1 tablespoon crushed garlic
1 teaspoon pounded green chilies
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon fine black pepper
2 cups All purpose flour
½ teaspoon salt
1 ½ teaspoon baking powder
125 g butter, grated
1. Combine all the ingredients for the filling together in a dish.
1. Form into small balls with oiled hands and place onto a greased tray. Freeze for 10 minutes or until firm.
2. Rub the butter into the dry ingredients to resemble crumbs. Add just enough iced water to form a soft but manageable dough.
3. Roll the dough out thinly on a floured surface and cut into 7 cm rounds. Place the rounds on to a plastic covered tray and freeze for 10 minutes or until firm enough to handle.
4. Place a small mince ball in the center of each round disc and pinch the dough on the four sides or all around the all, allowing only the top to be visible. [ Suitable to freeze at this point]
5. Dip in beaten egg and drop the pies top sides facing downwards in hot oil. Deep fry until golden brown.
Drain in absorbent paper and serve. [ Makes about 5 dozen]