Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Chicken Ashfaqi

I headed to the kitchen with the intention of making Chicken Ashrafi from *Indian Delights* in mind. And while I was taking the stuff needed from the refrigerator, I decided I didn't want to make Chicken Ashrafi anymore because I wanted to use up the sour cream. I want to make something in that same lines yet a little different. So, it has to be a brother recipe! Hence the name Ashfaqi. Well my dear brother-in-law's name is Ashraf and he has a brother named Ashfaq..So since I wanted to make something similar, yet a little different, I transformed the Chicken Ashrafi into Chicken Ashfaqi.. Makes sense? No? Don't worry....yes, I am feeling okay... I just need a can of coke!
Or maybe two!

Click HERE for a Printable Version of this Recipe.

1 chicken, cut into small pieces
1 tsp Garlic paste
1 tsp Ginger paste
1 tsp green chili paste
1 tbsp oil
Salt to taste
1/2 tsp Turmeric powder
1/2 tsp Crushed red chillies
1/4 tsp Black Pepper powder
Pinch Cardamom powder
1 tsp Lemon Juice
1 tbsp Diced Tomatoes
2 tbsp Sour Cream
1 tbsp Butter


In a skillet, add oil, ginger and garlic paste and the chili paste.


 Braise well for a minute until it turns all greenish. now add the dry spices along with the lemon juice.
 Mix well and braise for another minute. Turn the heat off and remove it from the stove.


Wash and dry the chicken and add to this paste. 

Mix well so the chicken is evenly coated. Let it marinate for as little or as long.
 Now mix together the diced tomatoes and the sour cream.


Add it to the chicken and mix well.

Now turn the heat on. add a tbsp of butter and let it cook for a few minutes, stirring often until chicken changes its color.

Now cover and cook for about 20 minutes (more or less) until chicken is tender.

 Just like that.

Serve hot with naan.

 And here is a close-up! Don't you want some right now?


And in case you are not in the mood to tweak the original recipe, here is snapshot of Chicken Ashrafi.

1 comment:

FV said...

Yummy its seems delicious!! Yaara u didn't had to thank me for the recipes yaar!! Jazakallah

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..