Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Chicken Salad Crescents

*UPDATE* Thanks to Sis Umm Aaminah, This Sandwich has been officially named!! The "Chicken Salad Crescents"

No, I am not doing "Name that Dish Week", I am just totally out of ideas when its coming to name these goodness.. Help me out here.. suggest some names and I will name it soon..

1 pkg Refrigerated Crescent Rolls
Boneless Chicken breast
Seasoning
Mayonaise
Cucumber slices
Lettuce
Any other Fix-ins for the sandwiches..

Unroll the Crescents on an ungreased baking tray. By pressing gently on the seams, stick them together to form a solid sheet. Now cut them into halves or quarters into squares or rectangles.



I initially cut them into halves bit once they baked, I cut them into further halves. As you see.. they aren't perfect rectangles.. 
Bake according to the package instructions.


Transfer them to a cooling rack to cool completely.

I cut each of them into halves again to make it a manageable size.

Shred some boiled chicken in  a chopper.


Season it with salt and pepper. Add the Mayonnaise.

Whip it to a smooth paste.

Taking two same-sized pieces of crescent rolls at a time, spread the chicken mixture onto one of them.


Add a slice of cucumber.

Another small spoonful of Chicken mixture.
Add any other fix-ins at this point. My kids likes it with cucumber and cucumber alone. Place the second sheet of the crescent.. and Ta Daa!

Enjoy!!


4 comments:

Umm Aaminah said...

Chicken salad crescents... Chicken cucumber crunchies... Chicken salad minis.... Hmmmmm they look good! Love your ideas as always sis...

Ma salaama....

FV said...

This seems sooo delicious!!Can i try it with Puff Pastry instead of crescent dough??

My Sassy Chef said...

So simple and yet it looks so darn delicious! I want to lick and bite it off the screen!
Sassy Chef

Maria V said...

Wow. How creative..I want to make them, like now!

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..