Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Shan Pilau Biryani

Yes... its no Rocket Science to make Pilau Biryani using the Shan's spice mix but I just wanted to document the pictures that I did take. Its really delicious. Please try it some day!



Pictured below is the chicken marinated with ginger and garlic paste along with the Shan spice mix.

Its cooking...

The meat is ready and about a cup of water remains.

The rice is layered over the meat and yellow color is sprinkled. I sprinkled some ready-made fried onions.

Once ready its all mixed together and ready to serve.

No, this is not a paid advertisement. Shan has no clue who I am or what I am doing here. This is not a product review either. Its just me and my obsession with Shan spices..

6 comments:

lovestory08 said...

I really like all Shan spices too...but this one, i think, has a little too much salt...how do u take care of that?

JV said...

I usually serve it with yogurt on the side which diffuses the saltiness in my opinion

JV said...

I usually serve it with yogurt on the side which diffuses the saltiness in my opinion

JV said...

I usually serve it with yogurt on the side which diffuses the saltiness in my opinion

sarah.dhedhi said...

The recipe card at the back puts oil in the end and not in the meat did u do that too reply asap

JV said...

Yes, I don't put any oil in the meat. Only at the end

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..