Friday, March 4, 2011

Strawberry Shortcrust

I am extremely excited to share with you a recipe that was sent to me by my niece along with the pictures and the step by step instructions. Thanks R! I will surely be trying it sometime soon to satisfy my middle of the night dessert cravings... Here it goes..


Preparing the short crust pastry:
1 cup flour
2oz butter cubed
Pinch of salt

Rub all of the above together to resemble bread crumbs. Add about 2 tbsp water bind into dough. Refrigerate for about half an hour. Roll out to about quarter inch thickness. Cut into circles with cookie cutter. Bake at 350F for 15 to 20 mins. Let it cool.




Preparing strawberry short crust:
Wash and slice strawberries and keep a side. 



Lay baked pastry on dry plate.

 Add whipped cream and top with sliced strawberries.



 Serve quickly.

4 comments:

Ru said...

That was my Mummy's idea, it turned out delicious! You should try it someday!

FV said...

Wow.... This looks Yummy!

Ru said...

Try it someday. It is anything u dream of. Don't worry, no shrimps. ;)

JV said...

@ Ru.. I sure will.. once chachu comes back.. what's up with the shrimps??

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..