Monday, November 2, 2015

Chicken and Potato Skillet with Leeks

I only have to buy leek couple of times in a year. As soon as the bulbs of leeks get home, they are washed and placed in a tall jar with about 3-4 inches of water. They sit right on my counter top and I use them in Eggs, Murtabak and in my chicken and fish recipes. I just cut off the top and use it in my recipe. When these get out of control, I cut the top off, wash and chop them and they go in the freezer. Sometimes I also use them interchangeably with spring onions. Here is one of my favorite chicken recipe which is simple, quick and delicious. You don't need rice or bread with it. Its a meal on its own.

1 lbs Boneless chicken breasts
3 tbsp butter
1 tsp garlic salt
3 medium potatoes
Dash of Fiery 5 pepper
Dash of Blackened Seasoning
1/2 cup chopped Leeks

Start off by slicing the chicken into long thin strips.


Add butter to a cast iron skillet and let it sizzle slightly.













Add the garlic salt and stir.



Dump the chicken into the skillet.

In the meanwhile, wash the potatoes and cut them into one inch cubes.


Going back to the chicken, add the fiery 5 peppers.


And the blackened seasoning.


Add add the potatoes to the chicken. Give it a good stir and cover to cook until tender.


Here is the magic ingredient. My homegrown leeks!


I used chopped and frozen leeks here. Add and stir again.

Dig right in with a fork!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear your thoughts..